“Seven Marks of a Healthy Church”: Mark #7 – Dependent Devotion to Christ
Main idea: Only a church absolutely dependant upon Christ will be a church ardently devoted to Christ; and only a church ardently devoted to Christ will both dine and reign with Christ.
- The presenting problem: a lack of devotion (Revelation 3:15-16, 19)
- The deeper issue: a lack of dependence (Revelation 3:17-18)
- A two-fold promise: to dine and to reign (Revelation 3:20-21)
Secondary sources cited:
- (Hymn) Augustus Toplady, “Rock of Ages,” originally published in 1776.
- Robert H. Mounce, The Book of Revelation, NICNT (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1977).