“Seven Marks of a Healthy Church”: Series Introduction
Main idea: The risen Lord Jesus Christ, who has authority even over death, is both powerfully present among and sovereign over His Church.
- John sets the scene (Revelation 1:9-11)
- A terrifying vision (Revelation 1:12-16)
- A clarifying explanation (Revelation 1:17-20)
Secondary sources cited:
- Dennis E. Johnson, Triumph of the Lamb: A Commentary on Revelation (Phillipsburg: P&R, 2001).
- Grant R. Osborne, Revelation, BECNT (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2002).
- G. K. Beale, The Book of Revelation, NIGTC (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1999).